Sunday, September 13, 2009

The makings of a Coffee Table



The next project on the agenda is a coffee table. I have some remnants of a Post and Beam barn that I have been re-milling. These particular oak beam pieces were given to me 5 years ago by a friend of mine, Justin Cubranich, they were in a dump rotting away. Much thanks to Justin and his colleague Dan Dixon for letting me have these treasures. I only wish I would have taken the time to go back and load up the rest of the timbers. Many American Timber Frame buildings date back to the 1800's. The fast grown modern oak cannot compare to the beauty of the lumber taken from the old growth trees.

I have yet to find suitable material to complement the Legs and rails of the table. I do have some beams from another barn to re-mill but, till then the table is going to be topless.

No comments:

Post a Comment