Monday, September 28, 2009

Book Shelves


A break with convention.

My usual M.O. is to put a new twist on a timeless piece. About a year ago I was talking with a friend about a different kind of piece and this is a spin on those discussions and drawings. Although the shelf is finished it is still only primed. I'll determine a color at a later date.

Being a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to materials and tools, working with MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) and thinking about paint was a stretch for me.

I rescued a stack of MDF boards from going to the dumpster at a job that I was working in Cleveland 8 or 9 months ago. The boards were cut offs from the interior trim we were installing at a Condo Complex. Much thanks to my Foreman Mike for allowing me to take the boards home.

The four boxes measure 15 x 15 x 11 1/4" and the shelf stands 54" tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment